Immigration Advice with a difference-the non nonsense approach
Visas Marriage Visa Fiance Visa Visitors Visa Post Study Worker Passport / Indefinite Leave EU Elderly Parents


Fiance Visa (including Gay Couples)

If you are engaged but not married, this is probably the Visa to look at. It is designed for couples who wish to be engaged and not ready to be married yet. Couples who wish to explore their options further should consider the following:
Is the UK the right country to settle in? Do we want to settle here? What about her job in overseas? What if we split up? What if he does not get along with my children from the previous marriage?

The Visa generally lasts for six months after which you are required to return or consider other avenues if you do not get married. Note that it must be your intention to get married within the six months in the first place. It is a bit like a contract to get married in this country. If you do not intend to marry in this county, this is probably the wrong Visa to go for. A family [Multiple] Visitors Visa would probably be more appropriate for you.

There are all sorts of considerations to be made and a one to one appointment with Mr Green would put you in a better light to judge.

Some would say that you must get married to come in and visit your boyfriend or girlfriend. This is misleading and remember nobody can force you to get married and the correct advice is not to get married unless you are ready to do so. There are not simply legal but also social implications in such a costly mistake!
You should not be asked to compromise your decision to get married when you are not sure or not ready just to circumvent the immigration rules. If you are getting married for the sake of it, you have a high chance of being refused a visa. Do it only when you are both ready.




Home Services Contact Us The Advocate Links